About Ivanhoe Estate
Proudly the first major project being delivered under the NSW Government’s Future Directions Policy and the Communities Plus Program, the redevelopment of Ivanhoe Estate at Macquarie Park (corner of Herring Road and Epping Road) will see a well located, socially integrated community come to life over the next 10 to 12 years.
NSW Land and Housing Corporation (LAHC) will work with Aspire Consortium to masterplan a new community featuring world-leading sustainability, quality community facilities and beautiful public open spaces.
Ivanhoe will be first and foremost a community for everyone providing a range of housing options to suit all resident groups.
To deliver the NSW Government’s strategy of more social housing, a better social housing experience and more opportunities and support for social housing residents, Ivanhoe will be developed by a private sector and not-for-profit consortium, the Aspire Consortium. Comprised of Frasers Property Australia, and community housing provider Mission Australia Housing, these organisations are leaders in their fields and have been appointed by the NSW Government to redevelop and transform the 8.2 hectare site.
About Communities Plus
Ivanhoe Estate is the first major project of Communities Plus, Australia’s largest social housing reform program. Communities Plus will:
- Deliver more housing and a better social housing experience, with more opportunities and incentives to avoid or move beyond social housing.
- Develop new mixed communities where social housing blends seamlessly with private and affordable housing, offering better access to transport and employment, improved community facilities and open spaces.
Ivanhoe’s role delivering communities plus
As the first major project being delivered under the NSW Government’s Future Directions for Social Housing and the Communities Plus program, the project will increase the supply of social housing properties.
Tenant relocations started in January 2016 and are now complete. Experienced LAHC staff assisted residents to move, ensuring each relocation was managed in a sensitive manner. These former residents have the option to return to the new social housing dwellings in Ivanhoe.
The vision for Ivanhoe Estate
Ivanhoe will be first and foremost a community for everyone providing a range of housing options to suit all resident groups. We want Ivanhoe to be Australia’s most studied, sought after and rewarding urban experience.
- Ivanhoe will become an integrated community that defines a new approach to the delivery of social housing
- World-class urban design and community-based place-making will be central to creating a highly desirable place to live
- Social housing will be designed to meet the needs of current and future residents
- Quality facilities and public open spaces will support a cohesive and sustainable community